Sunday, June 06, 2010

The Deeper Things in Life

Ok, so really, not deep at all. But very fun. First, I got grey nail polish, and I love it. I think it looks very classy.
The color is "You Don't Know Jacques!" and it's everything I thought grey nail polish should be. (I blurred out my bathroom stuff as to not be distracting....)


Secondly, I am about to move in with roommates, one of whom I went shopping with the other day. Here is what she talked me into buying. I still don't know quite how, but I do know I'm wearing them to church today!!

AND... Banana Republic is having a deal this summer (until August 31st) that if you buy ANYTHING in the store (even a $3 chapstick), you get a $20 giftcard if you shop on Tuesday. And even with this deal, it's taken me a month to be able to get there on a Tuesday. I thought I was going to get a pink shirt I had seen earlier, but it was a little blah, and I still always feel the need to spice up my wardrobe from what I usually wear. Hence, the zebra tank. I love it.

Two more things: Nordstrom was having a sale, and I almost never ever shop there. But they have fabulous shirts that are at least as great as SHADE shirts called STEM that were on sale for $17, so I bought one in purple and one in yellow. They are basic and similarly boring as much of my wardrobe, but also very soft and organic cotton and therefore cooler. I also got this crazy shirt there that I really think is great for dinner dates and maybe for occasional church with a black shirt under it and a black skirt. This is just me trying it on in the store:

And I finally got adorable flats. See, we have this friend we lovingly call Polly, as in Polly Pocket. She's the tiniest girl I know. And she is very fashionable and can wear a lot of things that would look very awkward on me, although I always always dream of having her sense of style. I think these shoes are the one thing that we could both wear, and I think of her every time I do.

And they were on sale and are so comfortable. And now I don't have to wear converse tennis shoes with my gray cardigan anymore. Whew!

7 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

-Those shoes are crazy fun. You will need to post a picture of you wearing them.
- I love your hippo toothbrush holder. Also I went to high school with a guy whole's last name is Jacques.
- I love your new flats. I love flats since I am already taller then most girls.

Sweet Em said...

I love your new roommate I can't wait to (blog)meet her. Cute stuff - I think I need YOU to go shopping with me.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

I LOVE YOUR FLATS! I am so flattered that you think of me when you wear them :) YAY!

ashley said...

cutest shoes EVER! both pairs!

MindySue said...

I want your closet (or more specifically, its contents)

bradleyjohn said...

Thanks for asking my advice on the shirt. And the heels, I love them. The flats are ok.

Anonymous said...

yes i do like your shoes. they are so now