Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I knew I forgot something....

I kept feeling like I was forgetting to blog something about Idaho. And, ironically, this blog posting is ABOUT forgetting something. Something rather important.
Like checking the gas gauge before heading out on a 4 hour trip.
Please do not ask how on earth I could have forgotten this. I never have before. I certainly wouldn't have done it on purpose. I made it exactly 2 miles outside of American Falls. Now, I checked my fuel gauge 12 miles outside of American Falls, but that didn't do me much good. I just hoped and prayed and ran out of gas.
I had rented a cute little Chevy Aveo from Enterprise (again. I love these little cars.). It is very light and two miles isn't all that far, so I started pushing it. That only lasted about 2 minutes before someone stopped.
Enter Bill & Libby.

Bill & Libby are best friends who have lived together for 5 years. Bill has been married five times. Libby once. Her 18-year old son was shot and killed in November, and she gave me the program to his funeral out of the glove box. Bill & Libby are Mormon, and Libby made sure to tell me when Bill was out of the car that he is such a good man and has never even "offered sex" once. Apparently folks in American Falls like to gossip.
Libby kept saying how blessed I was and how Heavenly Father put them in my path. I'm sure He did.
We drove to their little home, we got a gas can, we filled my car.

On the road again!
Thanks Bill & LIbby!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

They look like angels to me:)

RC said...

I am still trying to grasp how ANYONE could leave on a trip without looking at the gas gauge. It doesn't matter where you were heading, what time it was, how rushed....it just doesn't compute with me. I am amazed that you of all people would forget to check the gas gauge. Unbelievable....