Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hip de Dip

So I've been wanting a new comforter for awhile. Not that I want to permanently get rid of the one I have, but I needed a change. Unfortunately, this is the kind of change that is usually expensive and has to be just perfect, you know? And most of the ones I've looked at are too much of an investment, and I only kind of like them. Yesterday I was at Marshall's and found this one!!!

For $90, it came with the bedskirt, the comforter, two pillows, the sheets, and two shams. I threw the sheets away. I think they were like 50 thread count. Seriously. But I had expected that. Luckily, the nice sheets I had already matched great. The comforter is also a tiny bit scratchy, but I washed it in the washing machine (and it survived) and put fabric softener in it, and now it's fabulous, too. So now my bedroom looks a little more modern, and my comforter for the summer months doesn't weigh 100 pounds. Yay!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute! I love it.

Jessica McIntyre said...

That is so cute. And I am sure John is happy you don't have an old lady comforter anymore. It is kinda like my new one. Mine is scratchy to, but I don't dare put it in the washer. That is how I ruined my all time favorite Urban Outfitters one I got that one day with you.

ashley said...

cute! i love it!

RC said...

It sort of looks like my grandmothers curtains BUT if you like it.......

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Hippy and chic... Love it!

Bonnie said...

If you didn't have a blog, I would totally be in the dark:)