Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fireworks.


The night of the 4th was all kinds of exciting.
I woke up starving so Bridget ordered us some wings from Maxwell's, where she works. And a caprese salad. Yum.
Bridget got to meet her awesome home teacher who also happens to be Jonmark's friend (gotta love the mormon world) when we all met up at the Marriott where he works. He played the ukelele while we ate wings in the almost-rain. And then it was time to go upstairs for the fireworks.
One of the great many excitements of dating a paraplegic is getting to carry him up the stairs. Only once have we done this piggy back style which I still think is best and which still scares him half to death (yes, I am the strongest girl in the world). What's sad is that no one is ever around to capture the excitement entailed in such adventures. Until now.

(Do you love my tough-girl stance?)
I did learn, however, that taking your flip-flops off first is a very good idea. And that one of the sacrifices you make is your shins. Which are still a fascinating shade of yellow....
And then, off to the fireworks. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the Idaho Falls radio broadcast. I mean, really, fireworks are extraordinarily less-cool without music, a point I always forget until the blasts start. Mark my word...never again. Fourth of July playlist here I come!!
However, despite the lack of music, we did have our own photographer (i.e, Bridget- the one who has no photos of herself from this night and who didn't watch a single firework except through her lens). And after about 50 almost-perfect photographs, at one point, she screamed, and we ended up with this:
At which point we could have just gone home, but we detoured through the fitness center. Where Jonmark asked us to pause for this:

At which point Bridget asked some random people walking by to become impromptu cheerleaders:

And then we played pool for about 2 seconds until we ran into to the snottiest little 14 year old from Escondido ever, reminding me that my kids will never grow up in a place where children are that stuck up.
And then, we went home. And passed out. :-)
Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

For the record I would of rather shot than watched fireworks any day! No one ever lets me take sweet pictures like you do! Maybe you should just hire me to be your personal photographer...just sayin... ;)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful photo of the fireworks!! Good job Bridget!! You can tell by Jonmark's face that he really enjoyed those cheerleaders!