Friday, July 15, 2011

Ok, so maybe just one more.



We stayed another day.
Besides, when I woke up and came out into the living room, Bridget and Jonmark were engrossed in a very serious conversation. They looked up at me.
Bridget said, "Guess where your car is?"
"Towed." I said nonchalantly. And I was right. See, Bridget has an amazing quality of figuring how to get friends' cars towed. And I had let her park mine the night before right after joking about this talent. But, to be fair, I probably would have missed the tiny sign announcing I needed a decal as well. If only that boy would remember his little blue decal for me to use! :-)
Anyways, it made for a good excuse to check out some other exciting Park City sites, such as the NAC.
The NAC is short for the National Ability Center and they are basically a fancy-schmancy place for people with all abilities and disabilities to learn how to do sports. For example, they have programs for people who are paralyzed to snowboard and mountain bike and water ski and snow ski. And Jonmark maybe maybe used to be a kick-a snowboarder back in the day. And just maybe this could be the coolest thing ever.
It's a beautiful place and sounded amazing. They did need more than 2 hours' notice for us to get started, though. (Next time we're totally renting mountain bikes and heading out....)
The lady in charge of the ski and snowboard program is married to an amputee in the paraolympics and basically told Jonmark he should start prepping for 2012. Seriously, you would have thought she had a vision of the gold medal already around his neck. And she looked at me like I was in for the ride of my life. She was so totally cool.
Next, we had a secret "in" to go see the Olympic Ski Gym. As in, the gym where the Olympic skiers and snowboarders work out for like 5 hours a day. You know, with their anti-gravity treadmill and 54 degree "hot" tub and 104 degree hot tub and underwater treadmill and recovery kitchen and trampolines and half-pipes and, well, it was AWESOME. There were parts I knew Jonmark had to see, so once again, we hustled him up the stairs for a pretty sweet view.


Someday we're going back, and I'm going to be fitness tested in every conceivable way possible. I'm so excited.

4 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Pretty much awesomeness.

Bonnie said...

Love your smiles!!!!!!

RC said...

The last picture looks like JM is preparing (or contemplating) to jump in!

Jonmark said...

Hahah RC, you're exactly right!!