Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday- Girl's Day!


Friday was girls' day. Also known as: Nail Day, Tan Day, LGO day, Mall day, cram-as-much-as-you-can -into-one-day day.
I have a new app called Gym-Pact. You tell them you are going to work out for 4 days that week (or how ever many you can). You pledge to give them $5 (or more) for every day you don't go. If you do go, you get a share of all the money from all the people who didn't go. Last week I made $2.16. This week I lost $10. Bridget gave me $3 to help out. Because Bridget is very distracting. And play time is very important.
So Friday we slept in a little and then went by the pool to lay out. We laid out for an hour. I can't quite figure out how I didn't burn, but it felt amazing. It was probably 75 degrees, but we were definitely not the only ones by the pool, and it was so fun. Even if I did notice just how incredibly white I was. I called and scheduled a spray tan while we were there.
Next on the list? Lunch! I made these Turkey Burgers for us, which were delicious. (I may have left out a Target trip or two. There were 3. We did go there earlier to get some zucchini and hand soap.) 
Then we went to get our nails done. We wanted to go somewhere cheap and close, so we settled on this place: 7 Day Spa & Nails. It was the crazy busiest nail place ever! Seriously, they had like 20 people crammed in 200 square feet (ok, maybe an exaggeration, but seriously). It was packed and cheap, but they had great massage chairs, and they did my manicure and pedicure at the same time in a great neutral Essie Green that goes with everything! So pleased. Bridget, of course, got silver sparkles. Because Bridget is sparkly. :-)
Next up! Dinner with Bridget's sister at LGO. Le Grande orange, where she used to work. Where we had this amazing caprese salad, I had an orange fennel salad, and we all shared a roasted corn pizza. So yummy.

Then, we ran to Scottsdale to get spray tanned. While I answered some gynecological questions for the woman spraying me brown. (I love my job.) I feel so dark! It was amazing, and such a cute place. And cheap. And now I swear I can see my muscles better. Which was really the point. Win. win. win. I took a picture in my bikini. I'm not putting it up. 
We then made a quick stop at Scottsdale Fashion Square to pick up JVizz's knife set. It should have been uneventful. But...
Two guys walked by us at Nordstrom.
Bridget yelled at them to tell them they smelled good.
She turned back around and then biffed it on the elevator.
This is her bloody toe.




More blood

Then it was time to meet up with Polly Pocket! Polly is Kristine. She got married and moved to Japan. She just moved back. We hadn't seen her in forever. We met her at the coolest little ice cream place in Scottsdale called Sweet Republic. They have some of the best unique ice cream anywhere. Last time I went I had blueberry. This time I had Jameson Whiskey ice cream. I asked if they serve it to children. They said yes because it's very dilute. That seemed like a good enough reason to try it to me. What it also was was very delicious. yum yum. It was so fun just to sit and talk with the girls. And then we went home.  And ate  Blue Bell and chocolate. And talked to John a little bit (Because he was getting married in TWELVE hours)- and watched a few episodes of Season 4 of Friends. It was a lovely lovely day.
Blood

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ohhh the Friends reference I wish we could put up!!!HAHAH...
Also next time we should have spray tan THEN pool time!


Oh and I haven't even gotten to J's wedding pics so you should thrown one or two up here on the ol' blog! ;0)

RC said...

Okay so I didn't (couldn't) wait and read it already. It sounded so girly and you managed to get it all done in one day which is fantastic. Tanning, shopping, eating, tv, boywatching and counseling all that short period! You are something else. Tell Bridge she should pay more attention to elevators doors instead of smelling guys. Love you sweetie, thanks for posting.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ummm... RC they smelled so good and I was just helping Christin meet some men!

I also keep telling her all about all of the single hot men here in Utah... can you blame me for looking out for a sista?