Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Wedding Day

Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful and later than we thought.
We got all dressed up (I bought 2 dresses for the wedding. Just in case. Bridget wore one. It worked out well.)
We ran to Target (trip #3) to get Bridget some shoes that she could wear with her busted up toe. (We found some next door at Famous Footwear and they were amazing.), and then to the temple.
Outside, there were a lot of John's friends who didn't know each other. However, over the years, I had met everyone. So we did a lot of talking and introducing while we waited for them.
Me being an assistant photographer for a couple
we didn't know right before John & Marisel came out

John was so funny coming out of the temple, like he was soo cool. He's so funny. 
Then everyone took pictures and we headed out.
Cade (a mission companion), Quinn (a roommate), me, & Bridget
Quinn, Bridget, and I (and her friend Greg) met for an amazing lunch at Stingray Sushi where I introduced them to Mochi ice cream for the first time (which is freaking incredible).

Then, we went home to freshen up and headed out to the ring ceremony/dinner/reception. The reception area was absolutely beautiful. They did such a good job decorating and with everything. I loved the way they had everything planned out- a ring ceremony, a catered dinner for friends and family that lasted about an hour, then they quickly cleared everything so that everyone who came for just the reception could enjoy the dessert bar. It was perfect.
Ring Ceremony Area
It was also really weird to see John MARRIED. It hit me kind of hard. So after dinner & a little bit of dancing, Bridget and I decided to leave 'cause, well, I needed to.
It was, however, a beautiful reception and I am so so happy for those two!
MARRIED?!


2 comments:

RC said...

Well, that was a heck of a post and I did wait until I was at work on Monday to read it. Looked like it was a great day all around and John looks pretty happy. His new wife looks lovely and I hope they have a great life together. Glad you went and although your best friend in the valley is now married to another beautiful young lady, you both need to move on. I am sure things have worked out the way you needed them to. Hard to think about now I am sure but you know it too. Better things are yet to come, I can feel it. Pictures are nice and everyone looks like they are enjoying it and themselves. You need to be careful holding things for photographers. Remember you are 5 foot nothing and stretching like you have to do can be a little.....revealing??? Nice legs though.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful couple!! Yay! Your dad's comments...What can I say..