Monday, July 15, 2013

More about surfing....

Surfing was seriously my favorite part of this trip. One of our classes got cancelled, but later they let us go out by ourselves. There was once I really got beat up by a wave, and was a little scared but it was okay. I had to learn which areas were rocky and which ones were really good. 
Right at sunset, Kris and I were both surfing and I asked her if she was about ready to go inside. 
She was like, "One more wave?" 
"Sure!"
So we waited for the next good wave and both jumped on and rode it awesome. It was such a sweet way to end the day. 
The last day, I did really good with my instructor and then stayed by myself for about 15 minutes. I just couldn't believe this was all over. And in the next 5 minutes I rode all 3 waves I tried to surf and I was like, "I'M A SURFER!!!!" Just an amazing feeling. So so cool. 
So. Our instructors told us that it wasn't safe to bring our cameras and that they would get stolen so we left them at the hotel. But they promised us there would be pictures (and I thought they said video) of us. There are only like 4 pictures of me, which was really irritating to me when I realized it. But then I told myself- it's the experience. And well, there's always California :-) 
But here's the few. 



 Oh, and this is me and my new friend Ali petting a javelina. Who thinks she's a dog. Her name is Philamina.

Ali is vegan. We made a lot of trips to the grocery store for chocolate runs . Like cocoa coconut cookies. 

My surf shop


Hasta Luego, Costa Rica. (Chillin' at the airport. Writin' all this down. )

No comments: