Sunday, July 14, 2013

Girlfriend Got Herself a Truck!

A few weeks before I went to Costa Rica, I started to have a bad feeling about the Altima. It was a little bit more shaky. It idled just a little bit lower. I had a feeling that one day it would just be barely idling at a stoplight, and then, well, stop idling. I told Bridget this one day. A week later that's exactly what happened. I had just bought a new battery and got a new tire. But I am so grateful I was blessed enough to make it 40 of my 50 miles to work, all freeway, before, 1/2 mile from an auto repair shop, it died. They said it was probably the oil pan. They said that was about $1000 repair total. In essence, they said, girlfriend 220,000 miles is enough. Say good-bye to your Altima. I went to work, a little stressed out. I called Jonmark- and he was nice enough to come help me car shop after work. 
The request was a little bit unexpected....he usually dresses up better than this.. :-)
And I was looking a little tired. 
The Accord I almost went home with .....
I almost bought an Accord. I tried and tried to be excited about buying such a pretty car that drove so well and I was just bored. Bored and not excited. I tried to be. These nice guys helped me for like 3 hours. We even had dinner at Chipotle.


But I couldn't do it. Jonmark drove me home. Then he drove me to work the next day and hung out with his sister while I was at work. Then I asked him to just drive me by the Toyota dealership. I had a feeling. That's where I saw this truck. It's a 2012. It had 19,000 miles on it. It makes me smile constantly, and I feel like I have adventures just waiting to happen. The stickers are gone. And the little bitty seats in the back have car seat adapters just in case one of these days :-)
It's even better when you play Zac Brown Band in it.

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You should mention that it was much quieter for the hour long drive/talk fest every morning as well. Win for everyone if you ask me.

Oh and you should drive that thing up here and come take some of this furniture off of my hands:)

Tyler and Ariana said...

Love that you have car seat adaptors for the back. :) We can test them out in September!

indeazgirl said...

Yay! And you can stay at my house!