Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Dinner Parties Are Starting!!!


So, before I even moved here, I told my roommates my exciting plan to have people over for dinner from our ward so that I could get to know people better. It's taken a few months. I wasn't really totally comfortable doing it alone, and I was still getting adjusted to work and stuff, but about four days ago, Brad and I got together and made the menu. And today I stood up in church and announced it and we passed around the list. We are going to have two guys and two girls over each week. We planned it until the end of the year. Unfortunately, people were so interested in reading the menu that it made it through about 4 of 60 rows. So we are going to have to split up the pages next week. People seem really excited, though, and are excited that people are "being so social." Tonight we had a few girls over, five actually, FIVE, (thanks Brad) and he made a roast and corn and I baked chocolate chip cookies. We all just sat around and talked and it was really great. We are going to Salt Lake for General Conference next week, so the craziness starts 2 weeks from today. Yay!!

8 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! You're ambitious! A dinner EVERY week? Good for you! I'm excited to hear how those pan out!

Jessica McIntyre said...

YAAAAA!!!! did you use your platter?? I am excited you finally got to have your dinner party, and prove me wrong while you are at it. :-) oh and i miss you cookies. And what is up with making chocolate chip?? you never made those when you were here, and they are my favorite.

indeazgirl said...

I didn't use my platter...I don't know if we'll ever have enough people or the right food to justify its use. We'll have to see.
AND! I never made chocolate chip cookies 'cause every time I tried they turned out crappy. But I made the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse bag and dropped the tray on the counter when they were done to make them flat and they turned out awesome. Who knew how easy it would be? Not me! :o)

Sweet Em said...

I want to come...

Emily said...

If you're going to be in Salt Lake this weekend, you'd better give me a call or heads will roll!
--Em

Maria said...

So, this is one reason why the blog-o-sphere bugs...I get addicted and want to be able to read a new, fresh post every day. Then I end up frustrated when there isn't a never-ending list of things to read...

Miss you!! Are you coming to UT? I have a spare bedroom in my basement that would LOVE some Christin company... :)

Jessica McIntyre said...

I second that!!!

Sweet Em said...

So...what was on the menu for this Sunday? How'd it go?