Monday, September 24, 2007

I Totally Puked

In all my many years of working out, I have never puked. Never, actually, have I even come close to puking. Not after my 10K, not after any of my several crazy things. Here is the formula. Eat only a peach for breakfast. Meet with your Personal Trainer at the gym. Do a five minute fit test on a bike, then do 3 leg exercises, 2 sets of 15. Bingo!!
I was appalled.
So I joined a new gym. "Pure Fitness"- I gave up on ASU, and here you get a personal training session once a month (twice your first month). So...that's how it went. I talked to Brad. He said leg exercises on an empty stomach make him puke, too. And since I generally avoid leg exercises, never really had a problem.
I will be eating next Saturday before my appointment.
Anyways, yes I made it to the bathroom (barely) and am very excited for this gym. It's really nice, not too crowded, and my personal trainer is really cool. He's from Vermont, and he moved here about the same time I did. Jeremy.
This week I worked two 12 hour night shifts, 2 6 hour day shifts, and a 9 hour night shift. My body has no idea whatsoever of when it is supposed to sleep.
I am getting callouses on the fingertips of my left hand. Sexy yes-i-play-guitar-callouses. Really, that probably deserves its own entry because I am SOO excited about it. I even told people at work. I know like 9 chords now and am very happy with the whole situation. My guitar doesn't stay in its bag anymore, and Brad has been playing his a lot more (he knows a few songs) and we sit around on the couches and play together and I love it.
Tomorrow I am going to finish applying for the Doctor of Nurse Practice Program. It's 3 years and starts in January. Then really. No more school.
Going to go yoga out my sore sore legs now.
Love y'all,
cc

1 comment:

Sweet Em said...

I thought I'd list all the cool things in your post.

Once running a 10K
Guitar playing finger callouses
Making it to the bathroom
Doing Yoga
PT from Vermont
Doctor of Nurse Practice
No more school (eventually)

You are definately cool!!

(P.S. Can I make a request? I want to hear just a bit about your job...nothing to do with blood, please, I have a weak stomach.)