Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! Arizona, Round 2

At 8:34 this morning, I sit in my bed having already enjoyed 8 and a half hours of this Thanksgiving. Here's an early morning perspective. 
I cleaned something very stinky out of someone.
I gave pain medication all night long to a guy addicted to Oxycontin.
I watched an 89-year old sweetheart sleep her heart out. 
I got told at 7:30 this morning by a lady that she "would never forget me" because I was so sweet and wrote down her insulin dosage for her. And she was the first to wish me "Happy Thanksgiving!" as we slowly walked with her walker to the bathroom.
I was told Happy Thanksgiving for the second time to a lady with bad back pain and no legs who I woke up this morning with the news that her IV had gone bad and I had to give her another one.
So today, I'm actually very grateful. I'm grateful to be sitting in this bed. I'm grateful that I've had 5 car accidents and I have no scars. I'm grateful for Neosporin and Band-aids to heal up my arms from the air bags.
I'm grateful that I have a family to go see in 2 days. 
I'm grateful that Bridget is so thoughtful to bring me food home from the Matheson's today. 
I'm grateful that I live with a brother who writes me thank-you notes when he notices that I've been picking up a little bit of slack lately. 
I'm grateful for John buying me the 7-layer bean dip for my work potluck last night. 
I'm grateful that Ariana could loan me her zippy 1989 Wagovan at the spur of the moment to get to work on Tuesday.
I'm grateful for the economic bubble that I work in and that in a year that's really rough for so many people, I'm working mad overtime with holiday pay. And I'm so so grateful for that. 
I'm also grateful that the Tundra we are renting did not drive over that maroon Taurus I couldn't see because she was so short. 
I'm grateful for all my faithful blog readers that make my life seem just that much more exciting. 
Love you guys. Love this country. Love this day. 

4 comments:

Maria said...

Amen, sista!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Wow, what a wonderful list.

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a greatful heart!! Pat on the bum for you sister. Isn't it strange that some people have a hard time making these types of lists? crazy.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I'm thankful that you and Brad got to come and play and didn't steal Kaitlynn when you left even though she can be bought with a little ice cream.