Thursday, July 02, 2009

Channeling Gwen Stefani


So the only thing I really have in common with Gwen Stefani is that I might be as pale as she is. I really love her lips, though. Rarely do I have a reason to wear red lipstick, and I know it bleeds, and is hard to eat with and maintain throughout the day, but the idea of it is delightful. So every time I go to the make-up counter, I ask them to find me the perfect red. And every time they fail. It's not quite right; it looks hot pink on me; it just seems "off," not classy. So I googled Gwen Stefani's lip color. Apparently she wearsGuerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick in Exces de Rouge, along with many others. Well, I went to Sephora and tried that on and it does NOT work with me. However, Guerlain Red Strass is amazing!! The lady working there (Rachel) was so so helpful. And even found me the perfect liner to match. (Make-up For Ever 9C). Brad hates it; everyone else thinks it's great. And even though it was a completely frivolous purchase, I really love it. And every once in a while, I might even wear it. 

4 comments:

Ashley said...

oh how i love the red lips... but you already know that! :)

RC said...

I think it looks great on you. Gives your face a little color.

Sweet Em said...

I think it looks GREAT!

breymom said...

you are so cool! Your research never ceases to amaze, have fun with the RED!