Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Surprise!!

So I had the best surprise on Saturday night. I had the day off with really no plans. And that is when the magic happens, right? I got a phone call from my friend Byron in Texas whose family had missed their flight home from Portland. Turns out the only flight they could get had them staying in Phoenix for the night. And that meant staying at MY house, if I didn't mind. Of course I didn't mind! (Plus, Brad had gone back to Texas and his room was empty. So convenient.) I hadn't seen them in 3 years, and had never met their youngest. The boys were so precious and it was so fun to sit and talk with these people whom I love so much! (And I would do almost anything to hear their 4 year old say, "Miss Christin, Miss Christin!" again. Loved it!)

2 comments:

RC said...

Isn't there something quite special in the "Miss Christin" language of youngsters from the great Nation of Texas? How I love the politeness of the young from there, the way women call most of us "Sugar" or "Hon". No wonder I LOVE being a TEXAN!!

Glad that Byron and crew could crash at your place. How nice of you to welcome the hungry, the cold (maybe hot in this case) the plane missing few. Way to go Miss Christin....

Byron and Tara said...

Thanks again for a very fun night in a not so fun situation!!! You are awesome and we love you!!!