Thursday, July 02, 2009

Brad's Home!!


Brad is back from Texas. He had some awesome experiences there; He ate at the TrailDust Steakhouse (one of my dad's old favorites), went to the Dallas Temple (still probably my favorite), met some way cool little kids, and even found a Shipley's donuts. 
I thought Shipley's was specific to Bay City. The one there is TINY, and all the kids in Bay City have gone through at least one tour of the bakery at school. They put Krispy Kremes to shame. 
And Brad brought me some home. Whoo-hoo!! Welcome Home, Brad; it's good to have you back...
(I know I look a little strung out in this picture; I'm running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Saturday night work is terrible!)

3 comments:

RC said...

I know that Shipley's is great but we have found a little doughnut shop here in Bullhead City that is about equal or better. Absolutely the best maple bars I have EVER had. Sorry brother Shipley.

Jon Selden said...

I question whether any doughnut shop is better than Shipley's (I cannot believe your dad is even claiming that). But the Shipley's here in Austin is not quite as good as the Shipley's in BC... which is huge now, they built a brand new building. It's pretty amazing. (this is suzette posting by the way - but I am logged in as my husband).

RC said...

I know that claiming Brother "Shipleys is not the best" is about as anti-Texan a statement as you will ever hear from my lips but I swear this place is awesome! Little Asian woman seems to run the place (she is always there) and the maple bars are to die for. Maybe not quite the atmosphere as Shiplelys but the food is just better.....Can I still claim my Texas birthright?