Monday, May 31, 2010

4 car pile up

So as I was saying, John had a great attitude during the game. But great attitudes will only take you so dang far.
Because we had met up earlier with my friend Vanie (and I stayed with her while he went to the stadium), we ended up driving each others' cars, which has never happened. And every time I drive John's car I think, "Please oh please don't let anything happen to this car..."
So, after the game, John and I were headed to Yogurtland for our frozen yogurt fix. It took me forever to find the car in the parking garage, so John was miles ahead of me when it happened.
I was stopped at a stoplight, and luckily had given the car in front of me about 20 feet so as to not block the intersection. I had been there for about 30 seconds when I suddenly got rear-ended. Hard. I got out of the car and realized I was the first of four hit cars. I motioned for us all to pull over to the side of the road. The car behind me did, car #3 took off to take his pregnant wife to the hospital, and car #4 who started it all was a hit and run!!! Luckily a cop drove by as they drove away and caught her. Haha.
The guys who had hit me were really cool and were actually from the same part of LA as John is from. I actually can't believe I didn't take a picture since we had 30 minutes to just chill and talk while the cop reamed out the other girl.
The girl didn't have insurance so we're still waiting to see what happens with it all. John's car actually looks way better than I thought it would. (And so does the Lexus coupe from LA.)
Our frozen yogurt had a lot more chocolate on it than we had originally planned on.
What a night!!!!

3 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

You are having such a fun month of May. I'm guessing school is out. You and John should make a trip to Austin & go out on the lake with us. Miss you girlie.

indeazgirl said...

School is out for another 12 hours or I would be there let me tell you.

RC said...

So glad you weren't hurt and most of all it wasn't your fault. John's car will be just fine with a trip to the body shop. Just remind him that Phoenix has body shops just as good as LA and it is a lot closer and sure to be less expensive. Not EVERYTHING is in LA you know!