Friday, September 03, 2010

Chase Field


A few weeks ago I got invited spur of the moment to go to a baseball game. Now, I really like baseball live, but the Diamondbacks aren't having a great season, and, well, I've never really been asked to go. So me and the roommates and a few other people went. Absolutely nothing happened for four innings and then with two people on base, 2 strikes, and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, the D-backs scored two runs to tie the game. I went crazy; it was so great. And then we won in the bottom of the 10th (against the Colorado Rockies.)
It felt so good to be there. Afterwards, there was a fireworks show (the stadium is pretty sweet; it's air conditioned and the roof opens up) and I ate Cracker Jacks while Brad Paisley played on the PA system.
What a great Friday night.

1 comment:

RC said...

The first sign of spring is not the robin returning but the sound of the crack of the bat hitting the first ball.
I so wish I could have been there with you. We are going to see the Chuckers tonight at Malaluka Field. Not quite the same atmosphere but at least it is almost baseball. Glad you had fun there and enjoyed the greatest game on dirt. I guess singing you to sleep 29 years ago with "Take me out to the ballgame" had a lasting impression??