Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vegetables Part II- Annoyed

So in my last post I wrote about how much fun it was to eat so many awesome vegetables. And how nice it was to lost 3 pounds in 2 and a half weeks. That seemed like a nice little reward for how good I was feeling.
Then I ate out this weekend. 4 times. Once I ordered a vegetarian meal with a little chicken on top (and ate a little dessert). Next time it was 1/2 a hamburger and 1/2 a milkshake and quite a few zucchini and sweet potato fries (bet your butt I counted them as vegetable #4 and #5). Next was pumpkin bread french toast (amazingly indulgent) and a little bit of omelet. Lastly, I went with seared ahi tuna and a caesar salad.
What do I get for this? Would you like to know?
a) feeling like everything is fitting tighter
b) weird dreams about my nightgown not fitting
and
c) a weight gain of 4 (FOUR!) pounds. It has only lasted 2-ish days, and I did get mad and make chocolate chip cookies and eat a lot of them yesterday, but REALLY? is that fair?
I think it's terrible. And I need to do homework and go work out. But I'm hungry and mad.
So we'll see what I do.
(And yes, I've still been diligently trying to get the veggies in. Really.)
p.s. One nurse I just met (yes, I complain about this to a lot of people) said, "You know what's happening, right? Your body is just holding onto it." Really body? Do you think we're in a famine? We're not. We're doing just fine. You're well-fed! Stop overreacting! You're not going to die! Let it go already!

1 comment:

RC said...

So that explains why I'm fatter than a pig! All this time I thought it was just overeating and not exercising and in reality it was just my body thinking it was in famine state. Oh how I feel better.....even if everything I own looks like I bought it the kids department and has buttons popping all the time. I'll just have to get my body retrained into reality.