Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Importance of Watching TV

I need to watch more TV. I've come to this conclusion only recently, but I'm quite certain it's true. The fact that I've been paying for cable since July and have yet to watch a complete show is starting to get to me. Despite all the negative effects of watching too much TV, I'm quite convinced there are some excellent benefits of watching just enough. For example, it makes you happy. How I Met Your Mother, the Office, and, of course, What Not to Wear. It helps you bond with people. And it makes you smile.

Second, it makes you feel normal. Kind of like laundry. The sound of the washing machine and the sound of the TV is kind of soothing; Being in a house with the TV on makes you feel like you're in a normal-people house. And you know what's going on in the world.

Third, it makes homework less monotonous. Working at night + doing online school = a lot of quiet time & a lot of time in front of the computer. Computers don't talk back unless you're on youtube. The TV does. Some people listen to music while they do their homework. I watch mindless TV. It makes me feel like I'm socializing during the hours I'm spending in front of the computer researching vestibulitis.

It is, of course, how I got through college round 1. And I just realized it's time to watch TV.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Then there is me who gets home at 2 or three in the morning wired and has nothing else to do... TV is a good option for lonely people. Remember how I once blogged about how I pretend I am on Oprah.

Welcome back to the viewing world!

RC said...

You should try a good baseball game.....It's like heaven on earth and so relaxing.