Friday, September 03, 2010

New House Pictures

Bridget's been on me forever to do this, but between having Brad's stuff in the "bonus room," school, and, really, a ton of other things. It didn't happen. Until now. Today my house is pretty much as clean as it's going to get, so here you go!!
The front:

(no, those are not my windchimes)

The living room (view from the door)



The kitchen: The best part of the house, I would say.


The "Bonus Room" aka the room with no air conditioning. Try that in 115 degree weather. Want to guess what our power bill was this month? (The "office" is on the left"; the "dining room" is to the right")



The laundry room/storage room. It's a little cramped, but at least I found a place for all my ancient kissing pictures! (p.s. Brad and I installed that shelf last night. We got it from IKEA. I love it, and it makes a big difference.


The hallway


One tiny bathroom


My bedroom!!! It's on the right at the very end of the hall. The little nightstand with the fan on it was also a last night IKEA purchase. It is basically the reason we now have these pictures. Because my hair dryer and the fan that keeps me alive while I get ready are no longer on the floor posing a tripping hazard for everyone who walks by. I also finally found my extension cords so all my lamps can work from the area of the room that I want them to. It finally feels finished!


The view from my bed:


The bathroom. I know I complain about this more than I should. Really. I do. But I finally measured it. Because I feel claustrophobic in it every single morning. It is 49.5 inches wide and 100 inches deep. It has two tiny drawers. And it is hot. But at least I have company.

This is Squeakers, the gecko that lives on my bathroom window at night. He likes the little moths that like the little light.
And this is my bathroom. I do love the tile.


I almost forgot our backyard!! Someday it will have "decorative rocks" and a storage shed. I'm not sure what my landlord's definition of someday is. Note the solar powered lamp courtesy of IKEA as well. It was on clearance for $10, and come on, everybody needs a solar powered lamp. Right? right?


It's more like a solar-powered night light, but I'm thinking it might be good for the ward camping trip!

7 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

It is cute! Never anything I would picture you picking out but nonetheless cute. Have I told you how much I love your bedding?

RC said...

The house looks nice. Great kitchen and living room but the bathrooms.....they look so small you could fart and bruise somebody close to you! Made me claustraphobic just looking at the pictures.
The shot of the backyard is that grass or weeds? Looks exactly like green tumbleweeds. I think a call to the landlord is in order. Tell him if he wants another rent check the "someday" is tomorrow.

Glad you're happy. Next time you're looking for a house consult your brother.....

Jess said...

First, you mentioned IKEA way to many times for me to handle.

Once again your dad has left a hysterically funny comments.

I think it time for a new coffee table. I have seen pictures of coffee table in way to many apartment that you have lived in and it is time for an update. Maybe we can go to IKEA (although you will have to drag me kicking and screaming) in December.

Makes me happy to see pictures of where you live.

Jess said...

Oh and I have my own littler version of Squeakers, your gecko. Her name is Sammy and she is not true to her Buddhist ancestors and rather enjoys the hunt and killing of bugs.

Sweet Em said...

The front of the house needs some decorative flower pots STAT! But everything else looks great!

indeazgirl said...

good idea, em! I have some pots. Just not sure if any flowers can survive this heat....I'll have to check. Notice my half dead plants in the living room as it is. I'm not a good waterer. But I did just replant them. We'll see if new potting soil helps.

Dad, I'm glad you feel my pain with the bathrooms.

And jessica, I thought of you everytime I typed IKEA. I know I'll end up dragging you there :-). I think it was the first time I've gone without you, actually. And yes, it probably is time for a new coffee table. But I'm thinking costplus world market.

Bonnie said...

The only thing I had a problem with when I stayed there was your "SPITTING" GARBAGE DISPOSAL! Everything else was great (ok your bathroom IS small) but it could be way worse:)