Sunday, May 12, 2013

April 2013 and a few days in May- Gold diggin'

April was kind of slow. I ate really good in March, so I went on a cookie binge in April. I went on another date with Adam from January. We went to a place called Tortilla Flats that we had talked about going when we first met. We had prickly pear ice cream and, my lovely idea, went walking through a creek. We also went gold panning and basically just had a really nice random Saturday. He's a nice person. The lady helping us gold pan, however, not so much. She pretty much hated her job. For example, here's a conversation we had:
Me: "Where did you get the water for this? (I didn't see a river anywhere)"
Her: "The hose."
Me: "Oh (giggling) and where did the dirt come from?"
Her: "Outside. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it."
CLASSIC.




I also got to practice my sewing skills the next week by sewing a CTR towel for one of my primary girl's baptism. She is such a cute girl, and I was so proud of the result. (Did I mention I'm primary president? Did I mention it's a crazy primary that might be small but has a lot of crazy problems and could give me a coronary some days? yup. oh my goodness. The baptism, however, was great. We have a few amazing kids in our primary.
And then Vanie and I spent the rest of the day going lingerie shopping for the honeymoon and getting her pre-engagement manicure. Such a fun day!

She hates this picture, but she was seriously so excited and that made it so fun.

No comments: