Sunday, May 12, 2013

March 2013- Visit to Bridget and Bonding with Vanie

In March, I finally went to go see Bridget!! It had been almost exactly a year (the last time I saw her was at JVizz's wedding). She was newly pregnant and a little sick which was nice because then we could just chill and relax. My work had kept me so busy that all I wanted to do was take a little break!!!
We did go to Pea in the Pod and try clothes. I even borrowed a baby bump so we could match. We also went to a midsingles ward with 600 people in it. Like, SIX relief societies. So crazy. I saw a cute guy. We invited him over. He didn't come. Getting my groove back is hard with guys like this. Maybe he had a significant other. Who knows.
Vanie came with me because she and her boyfriend had just broken up and she basically wanted out of the state. (Don't worry- they are back together and engaged, and, like I said 33 days from getting married, but at the time it was horrible. Vanie did have friends there so we split up at the airport and basically didn't see each other for three days.)
(And if anyone is wondering, allegiant flights to Odgen from Mesa are SO CHEAP and you can come see me.)
Bridget and I making LA signs for John Vizzard. 
I WAS ON THE NEWS. THEY WERE THREATENING TO CLOSE THE AIRPORT. I SAID IT WAS GREAT. ITS SOOO TINY. 


I love this shirt. 
 It was such fun little trip. We also ate at the Dodo, which is her fiancee' s restaurant where he is a chef. The food was so delicious. And maybe I ate a ton of it. mmmmm.....
And we also hunted down truffle salt at the recommendation of my friend Jessica. This is the cool lady who actually sold it to us. Delicious!










A few days after I got home, Vanie and I ran a mud run. Really, I got to do a lot of things with Vanie because of this breakup. Which was awesome. It was such a good bonding month. And look how cool we looked. And sounded.







We also took an art class with a groupon I bought. The options to paint looked like they belonged in a grandma's beach house, so we chose ones we weren't supposed to. Like random ones hanging on the wall. They turned out amazing, I think. :-)





And for one of our last March hoorahs, we also went out dancing with our friend Erin
 It was a combination of fun and "wow, I feel kind of old." 


No comments: