Sunday, May 12, 2013

January 2013- Trainers & Santa Fe


January
Jonmark and I saw each other pretty much daily all of 2012. And right after Christmas we decided that was done. (Yeah, it wasn't neat and pretty, but we can safely say we are friends from a distance now). I hadn't dated anyone for 2 years, and it was time. Over time. 
I had signed up for a couple dating websites. Some LDS, some not. Basically I just wanted to expand my social circle in anyway possible (I wasn't lowering my standards- but for everyone who hasn't been kicked out of a singles' ward at 31, it sucks. And your social circle shrinks exponentially.) Anyways, I met a nice guy named Adam and we went on a couple dates. He actually wanted to go to a Mormon singles activity and was completely blown away. I even sent the missionaries to his house afterwards. We've gone out once since then, we've stayed friends, and if I get the house I'm trying to buy, he said he'll help me paint it. Good times.  :-)
I also enlisted the help of this sexy man to help me get ripped:
The results are still out on this one. My abs are stronger, and I can deadlift 210lbs, but I look about the same as I did before. And I'm ok with that. It did make me be more consistent with my workouts. And, well, he's cute. And I met some cool people while I did it. My last session was last week. 
At BODY
In late January, I went to a colposcopy conference to learn how to do colposcopies (obviously), which really you only need to care about if you have a cervical cancer scare. It was a nice little getaway actually even though everyone said, "Oooh!! I love Sante Fe!" And I would say, "Really? Cool! What do you love?" And, um, no one- no one- had an answer. Santa Fe is really not. that. cool . :-) They do have one little store/restaurant/spa/yoga studio (yes, all of those amazing things packed in to one) that I went to pretty much every single day. Best massage ever. And amazing food. I felt so healthy and awesome on this trip. I even had good workouts at the hotel gym!
Took a trip to Whole Foods. Cooked instant oatmeal
 in the coffee maker



 I also had 4 hours in Albuquerque to do nothing while I waited for my plane. I went to the temple and did initiatories. I wore dress pants into the temple. They were totally cool about it. Awesome. :-)





No comments: