Sunday, May 12, 2013

Best Mother's Day Surprise Ever. Like Ever.

A month ago, my brother realized that tickets to Idaho Falls on Allegiant Mother's Day weekend were super. super. duper. cheap. He told me. I bought one, too. We didn't tell our parents. We told Candice. She's in Boise, 4 hours away.
We ended up having to tell my dad, since they were planning on going to St. George. But somehow, my family, the one who talks to each other pretty much every single day, the one who isn't that great at keeping secrets, that family kept this completely secret for an entire month.
Twenty-four hours before, I kept freaking out that somehow, someone, would slip and the whole surprise would be ruined.
I called her that morning, like I always do, and pretended I was on my way to work. Then I got on the plane.
Dad picked us up from the airport. Mom called and talked to him on our way home while we silently giggled. He told her he was done for the day and was coming home early to hang out (it was 4pm, believable).
We met Candice and her kids in the church parking lot down the street (Adam couldn't get off work). My dad dropped us off on the street corner and went home.
We snuck on to the front porch.
My dad made sure she was the one that answered.
And, well, then this happened:

Mom Gets Surprised

It was. The. Best. Ever.



2 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

I started crying when I saw the video! Super special.

RC said...

It was great and yes it sort of made us all tear up....except of course, me the family stoic. Bonnie was so happy and so was I. it was a mothers day surprise that I benefited from. To have my son, daughter-in-law and two daughters home again (and my precious grandchildren) was about more than a person could hope for. It was a glorious three days and we all (I think all of us) hated to see end. I thank all my children for the sacrifice they made for their mother who is the love of my life AND my only reason for living! My family is the best and I love them all.