Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kentucky Derby

On May 3rd, I went on a date with a born-again Christian. Nice guy. A little weird. He might help me with my flooring. I cut it a little short (he had been warned) because I had to go shopping. I was going to Arizona's Kentucky Derby, and I needed a hat!
See, my mom's neighbor has a son who lives in Vegas, yada yada yada, would I meet them at the race? Sure! It sounded so fun, and I loved getting all dressed up.
Basically it was a blind date with his parents, and he was all sorts of exhausted from working all night and driving (he does real estate). So he wasn't really talkative, and I didn't feel any chemistry. BUT. the races were cool, the food was good, and check out these hats! (I'm taking my dress back, it obviously doesn't really do anything for me)


We won $12 on the real Kentucky Derby Horse!
p.s. This guy was very nice. His name is Jeff. I have also gone out with two other guys who were Mormon and wow, let me tell you something, fake facades of righteousness piss me off like nothing else. So glad I've been able to avoid that for so long. Hopefully I'll continue to.

No comments: