Monday, October 06, 2008

General Conference Muffin Party


So on Thursday night I get a text from John, "We should get all the homies together for conference and make those healthy muffins." Knowing that never for the rest of my life would I get another text containing both the words "homies" and "muffins," I knew I had to act. See, Women's Health (which is always on my coffee table) had some great recipes for fun muffins that we had talked about making, and this was the perfect opportunity. We invited over like 10 people and made a party out of it. He & I & Ariana all went shopping for the ingredients. Saturday it was just the three of us, but by Sunday, people's schedules had cleared, Brad & Bridget were home from Utah, and we all enjoyed healthy muffins and a healthy dose of spiritual enlightment. I'm sure I will have to go back and review some of the talks, as I did spend a good amount of time in the kitchen, but it was a shockingly reverent but fun group. Yay!!
The recipes are on Candice's & My Dinner Blog. And yep, we made all 3 kinds over the weekend. :o)

10 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Look at all those good note takers!

breymom said...

you got the love seat to match the couch!

Maria said...

I'm remembering last October...and some cinnamon rolls, and fairy wands, and Tinkerbell cake...

I missed you this past weekend!!

Jessica McIntyre said...

I'm going to be honest. Half the people don't look like they are having much fun. :-) It is weird not even knowing when conference is on. I use to feel so smart

indeazgirl said...

Oh, Jessica. If only you could have been there-- you could have seen how much fun we were REALLY having. Brad sleeping is an indicator of nothing. Or Bridget's super-pissed off look. Neither one. Everyone was ecstatic. The whole time.
Oh, and it's the first weekend of October & April. I'll call ahead and give you the heads up so you can feel informed in six months. :o)

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Yeah my pissed of look was in the middle of a face change! Or maybe it was from the little sleep we got on the 12 hour drive home. Regardless there is a reason why we always want to be at your house and it is because it is so homey and comfortable and we all know that there we are loved.

ohh.. and you always feed us!

sorry R.C. she volunteers!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Did you get new couches??

Jessica McIntyre said...

Oh and the number of blogs on the right hand side of the screen that are your favorite is starting to overwhelm me. I miss the good old days when I would have to remind you to write on the blog that we created in the middle of the night when we were bored, I think the same night we were looking to see if we could find a cheap flight that left in an hour to Portland or somewhere else fun just because we were bored and needed something to do or somewhere to go.

Anonymous said...

A hearty spank on the bum for you miss Betty Crocker! Now do you think that the reverence that was maintained was from the full mouths or from sleeping?

RC said...

I just read Candices' blog posting "when we're helping we're happy" and know now that the Bodily gene has been successfully passed on to Christin too! Feed on, my dear children, feed on!