Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goldilocks is Coming to Town

So I'm going to see Emily Udy's family in Boston (in Salem!) for Halloween. We are going to be Goldilocks and the three bears, which is going to be awesome. And I get to be Goldilocks, which I am very excited about.
However, finding the costume was a little harder than expected. Here were my two options from the internet:



I don't like the blue one, and I don't think I could wear the yellow one to a ward party. Nor do my legs look like that. So, anyways, Brad and I went shopping. Found a pattern. Found some cute material. And now the adventure starts. I've never used a pattern before. I am pretty nervous, and the lady told me that even though most of my skirts are size 6, I had to go by the measurements on the back and make the skirt a size 14 and the top a size 16. This seems a little jacked up to me, but at the retro store we went to in LA, the size 14 from the 60's fit great. I just tell myself that Marilyn Monroe was a 12 in the 50's, and get to cutting. This is going to be one awesome heck of a Halloween.

6 comments:

Katie said...

you are going to be a darling goldilocks!

Sweet Em said...

Yippee Yippee Yippee! Now I hope the three bears costumes match the quality of the Goldilocks one!

RC said...

I am sure glad you decided against the one on the right. When I saw those pictures I thought for sure you would have picked that one (before I read the text). Thank goodness you thought that one out. That may have sent your bishop into heart failure! Hope your outfit turns out okay. If you need help sewing you need to remember that "Martha" is your room mate!

Anonymous said...

maybe you can use a pink bridesmaid dress that is hanging in your closet. I talked to Brad about it.

breymom said...

I LOVE that you get to go to Salem for Halloween (I've been reading about the trials just a few weeks ago) WOW making a costume...can't wait to see it!

MindySue said...

Keep up the posting on your progress. I am so excited to see the finished work....I am so jealous. I want to hang out in Boston w/ you two!