Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brad Turned 24 on Friday


I feel like I dropped the ball this birthday. Maybe it was because last year I set the bar so stinkin' high. See here.
But, it's not like I forgot. My mom did. Until 10pm. My dad did. Until 7pm. Candice did. Until Saturday at noon. But I remembered. And texted him Happy Birthday from work at 3:41 am. And he was awake. 'cause he's my brother.
So what did we do?
Well, I worked Tues, Wed, and Thurs, so I woke up about 4 pm and Brad and I went birthday present/card shopping. I bought him some sweet shorts and myself 4 shirts (THEY WERE ON REALLY GOOD SALE!). And cake mix.
We were going to make dinner, but then got lazy and hungry and went to Delux instead with John & Ariana. It is the sweetest little blue-lit sexy hamburger place ever. Leave it to Scottsdale to make hamburgers sexy. So fun. I'm stealing Ariana's picture for the view. (Her tribute to Brad is on her blog.)
Then we all went home, baked a cake, and decorated it. And by decorate, it said, "Happy 24th Birthday Brad-o." Ariana even blew up 3 red balloons.

It's no poison apples like Maria's little girl. It's no pink hair extensions like Mindy's little girl. Just drill bit-looking candles and chocolate cake.
But Brad, even if this birthday wasn't as freaking awesome as last year, I still think you're cool. And you're the best roommate ever. So thanks for being my twin born 1752 days after me. :o) Love ya.

2 comments:

RC said...

It's not like we actually forgot his Birthday it was just like we decided to wait until he THOUGHT we forgot before calling him. Well, maybe we really forgot for a little while. Mom was extremely busy in Idaho with her folks, a class reunion and her extended family, and I of course was busy here with work and the baseball playoffs. How could I not be a bit distracted. Anyway, I do think he's an awsome son and admire most of the things he does. So here's another belated b-day wish to you Brad. HAPPY STINKIN' BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

breymom said...

at least he's got face book and YOU It looks like pictures I've seen of your mom bent over the cake LOL