Sunday, August 30, 2009

Next...BOISE!









Ok, there's no real reason I should claim Boise as home. I only lived there for three years. I have no relatives there, nor have I ever. But it feels like home, and every time I go there the feeling returns. I'll probably find myself migrating back soon enough. So I did what I normally do when I go back: I slept on Jessica's sweet couch, went to the co-op where we ate cookies and I devoured my Ginger Ice Cream, washed my car at Metro Car Wash (just because they have free vacuums with skinny attachments), and, of course, went to the cupcake shop, Lilly Jane's, where Jessica only let me take pictures of her feet. We also went on a little walk around the Greenbelt with Zoe, their cute little Yorkie. And that was just on Wednesday. Tuesday night, she, me and her husband all went to The Red Feather, the sexiest little restaurant ever and had delicious meals. I had Sturgeon and a Chocolate Lavendar Julep for dessert. Interesting..... :-)
Wednesday night I hung out with Craig (who lived with us when he dated one of my former roommates; he's fantastic). We ate a very cute new pizza place (can you tell how excited the waitress was for me to take her picture?) and went to a candy shop where we got bubble gum cigarettes and went outside and proceeded to pretend to smoke. So mature, I know. Then we went on a mini-hike of Camel's Back where I saw the most gorgeous sunset ever that my camera didn't even do justice of and then hung out at the Boise Depot. Just basically a lot of catching up from the past 2 years, but it was great.
Before I left on Thursday, I made a quick stop in Nampa to see my friend of 23 years, AuBrey Erickson and her 5 kids and husband. I wasn't thinking at all or I would have taken a picture. (Instead I was fixing the hole in my pants in her bathroom that she thankfully noticed so I didn't flash my blue panties at the world.) As it was, I stopped and got us lunch at a Chinese buffet that was a TON of food for cheap. It fed us all, and as I waited for it to get prepared, I snapped this awesome picture of the calendar in the restaurant. Nothing like Chinese people from West Valley, UT in front of the Taj Mahal.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I like that you have a place that you feel lis "home". It makes me feel like I know where I'll be able to find you in 5 or 50 years. :)

Jessica McIntyre said...

Hasn't your mom ever told you not to sleep on railroad tracks?