Sunday, August 02, 2009

Pedal 'til You Puke


So I could post this on Maria's "In Training" blog, but it's kind of been the most novel thing I've done of late.

It started with feeling lazy.

Then read an article about Dara Torres.

Then went to the gym for just a little bit.

Started thinking that maybe I haven't done anything particularly productive since I graduated in May 2007 (I did move and start a career. But I meant to learn Spanish and guitar. Oh well.)

Thought that perhaps I owed it to myself to become an athlete.

You know, if Maria wants me to run a half marathon at any given date, I should be able to.

If Byron wants me to run a triathlon, I should be ready at a moment's notice.

So I decided to become an athlete. In a weekend. That meant no more pansy-a** workouts like I'd been letting myself do.

Thursday I went to Spinning and did the AMT and lifted. I hadn't taken a spin class in, I don't know, 8 years. Except for one last month that I had to leave for 15 minutes because I almost died. The instructor was wearing a shirt that said "PEDAL 'TIL YOU PUKE." Awesome. She had us pretend that we were in the Tour de France. Mind you, I will NEVER partcipate in the Tour de France. I do not actually EVER remember sweating that much. Like EVER. In my Whole Life. Maybe I have, but I don't think so.

Friday was yoga and a step/lifting class and a little swim. The step instructor was in her mid-50's and singing all these new hip-hop songs and it was so awesome. She had to say who each singer was and it was so entertaining.

Saturday was spinning and a little more lifting. I basically could not move my legs at this point. However, I swear my stomach looked amazing.

Sunday I took off.

Monday was a kickboxing class taught by a pony-tailed, tatooed, muscled-out, sunglass-wearing Native American in a sleeveless Underarmour shirt that repeatedly asked us to "let him hear our war cry" and made us drop and give him 10 push-ups if we didn't yell loud enough.

Tuesday I went to Bullhead City and swam. I then declared the rest of the week friend and family week and have not worked out since. (Especially since hormones left me 3 pounds heavier at the end of the week and pissed me off. The pounds have since left.)

I will return to the gym tomorrow. After the spa. With Ariana.

Next I plan on tatooing my bedroom door with my race numbers and athlete pictures. AWESOME. I love becoming an athlete.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Hooray! What an amazing athlete you are! (Truth be told, I DO want to run a half marathon with you--I just don't know when...) Way to be. You will always have a better little shape on you than I do, but I can live with that. "Pedal till you Puke", girl! :)

RC said...

Just reading that entry made me sore. Guess I am just getting too old to keep up with you. Glad to hear you are doing these things, even though you are still a bit on the random side.

Anonymous said...

If you need, I've got some spare sports medals you could borrow to start your door decoration...

Jessica McIntyre said...

You are so awesome.

I have always wanted to try spinning, I would just have to have a gym membership to do it. Maybe I will use a two weeks pass to Golds to try it out.


Make sure to show us a picture of your door.

Anonymous said...

[color=#c94093]ВИА [url=http://dejavu-group.ru/index.php]Deja Vu[/url] - это коллектив профессиональных вокалистов и музыкантов.
[url=http://dejavu-group.ru/about_us.php]Дежа вю[/url]- лидер в области музыкального сопровождения корпоративных вечеринок, свадеб, торжеств, шоу программ, музыкальных ыечеров.
В копилке Музыкантов Дежа вю более 3000 произведений.
Живой звук. Диско, хиты 70-80-90-х, джаз, ретро, шансон, современная музыка, европейские хиты, фоновая музыка, поп .
Музыкальная группа Дежа вю располагает мощной качественной аппаратурой, которая позволяет наполнить приятным и плотным уху звуком как небольшое помещение (фуршет), так и большое помещение (корпоратив до тысячи человек).

Андрей +7 910 483 8294 [/color]