Sunday, August 30, 2009

Next...PARK CITY!!

So Thursday afternoon, I headed off to Park City to knock a few hours off of the longest solo drive of my life and to spend some QT with Bridget. I love driving. Really. I mean, this was a little much, but the fields along the way were so calming. Perfectly manicured fields of potatoes and alfalfa seem to bring my mindset back to the simple things and everything seems manageable again.
On the way to Park City, I stopped in Tremonton. This is where a lot of my Nana's family is from, and the first time I went there was with her when I was 12. I had my first Klondike Choco Taco (the shell is an ice cream cone; chocolate and ice cream are inside) with her that year. So I stopped and had one for her this time, too. It was only my second Tremonton Choco Taco. I tried to take it by a Tremonton sign but couldn't find one. So I settled for Tremont St.

I got there about 7 and yelled "CUPCAKE DELIVERY!" While I Boise, I had coordinated the pick-up of a dozen Lilly Jane's cupcakes, which none of my non-Boise friends had ever tried. She was so excited. Then we headed out to dinner at Chimayo's, a remarkably fun and expensive little Park City restaurant. We went with her new friend John, who was a blast and had so much fun. Here's us drinking water out of our Goblets (did I mention I love Park City water?) and our elk, scallops, and salmon!


We spent the rest of the night hanging out in the hot tub while Bridget danced to Janet Jackson for us. Really, a perfect little Park City night!

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Hey I will take what I can get!

And I sorry I woke you up from that nap...twice.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Wow! Those are great pictures of us!
And I loved that you said I "danced for you."

Kinda makes me sound like a hussy.

Ha ha!

Jessica McIntyre said...

I love choco tacos. They are my favorite. . but so hard to find.