Friday, January 15, 2010

Pseudo-Wedding Day

Last Wednesday I received the most random phone call ever. My friend Polly (who I don't talk to nearly enough) was calling to see if I was available for an undercover expedition. You see, she and another girl in my ward work at a Bridesmaid shop and wanted to check out their new competition. They were going to act like bridesmaids, but they need a bride. Of course, I agreed. An hour later, I was standing in a beautiful Scottsdale bridal salon feeling like I was on an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress."
After quickly planning my June 25th wedding in La Jolla with colors of sage and charcoal with a wedding dress budget of $4000-$6000, this is the dress I found. Now, I just need to add sleeves and a husband.
Oh, it was so fabulous!!

12 comments:

Katie said...

very classy. girl you are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

even though you called me and told me it's so much better getting to see it. you do look fantastic. maybe the post should have specified a wealthy husband, cause honey no poor man is going to be able to afford you. I'll keep my eyes opened.

shirley elizabeth said...

Christin, you are going to look amazing in your wedding dress. Wow. Even if it's not a couple thousand, like the one you've got on.

By the way....I've got a single older brother looking for a bride...

breymom said...

Remember when we ordered those samples...still the same Christin! You looks so fantastic I love the mirrors in those brides dressing rooms!

Jessica McIntyre said...

You scared me for a second when I first opened your blog. I was thinking maybe you forgot to tell me that you were getting married and this is how I found out, not to mention it has been less then a month since we have talked.

Beautiful Dress!! You look awesome in it, of course.

Sweet Em said...

Gorgeous! What fun. So...how WAS the competition?

Suzette Selden said...

Love, love, love the dress. You are absolutely gorgeous! Miss you tons.

Katie said...

so pretty...

indeazgirl said...

Emily- so for bridal, this place won, but for bridesmaid, theirs still did. They had about the same dresses, but the bridesmaid's shop was much cuter.
And Shirley- Tell me more about this brother of yours.

shirley elizabeth said...

Gladly, although I’ll let a couple pictures do so first. Here are some of his most flattering:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v80/110/54/651286367/n651286367_91909_74.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v165/110/54/651286367/n651286367_749045_2437.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v378/110/54/651286367/n651286367_2085824_1565.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v150/110/54/651286367/n651286367_627660_7198.jpg

RC said...

I am certainly glad you are older and can afford the luxurious wedding and dress because your dear old parents are not going to be able to foot the bill you are fantasizing about.

RC said...

I am at Aunt Margie's and she said to add that you are absolutely beautiful, inside and out!