Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Sudoku

I am all kinds of terrible at Sudoku. It seriously gives me a headache equal to that of calculus homework. No one has ever wondered why I didn't become an engineer. Figuring out the unsolvable is not a fun activity for me.
However, I think if I continue to avoid such puzzles and rely instead on friends, common sense, and algebra to solve life's problems, I am destined for Alzheimer's. And so I press on.
We had a little down time at work the other day, so my co-workers helped me do a puzzle. With a little assistance, I completed my first one in 82 min 43 sec. But it's so funny to see who loves these and who hates these and how everybody loves to tell you how they do it. And everybody does it differently. And, really, I just enjoyed the insight into their brains on how they think.
So although I really enjoy the personal satisfaction of doing it all by myself, I'm all for a little group Sudoku every once in a while.
My second puzzle: 60 min 23 sec
Kim's (for comparison): 12 min.
Yep. That's right. I'm learning.

1 comment:

shirley elizabeth said...

I rock at Sudoku.

There are few things I can say that about, so when the opportunity comes I like to take it.