Thursday, January 21, 2010

Delicious Rain

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain. - Langston Hughes

Apparently Arizona is in a state of disaster. Something about 5-7 inches of rain and wind in the desert over two days doesn't go over very well. Our governor has declared a state of emergency. There is a tornado warning 10 miles away. Right by my work is totally flooded. And flying into Phoenix is apparently a nightmare right now. But I am safe and warm in my home. Little bits of raindrops are falling on my roof. I slipped on my rain boots to take out the garbage. I had the most positively delicious 3-hour nap this evening, made so much better by overcast skies and little raindrop songs.
I know it won't last, and maybe that's why I love it so much.
But for now, at least, I love the rain.

1 comment:

RC said...

Is there anything about life you don't "absolutely love"?