Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rockstar Handywoman



Our garbage disposal broke the other day. Let me clarify: I got two frosting decorating tips jammed in the garbage disposal and could only get one out. Nothing on earth could dislodge the other one. There was only one thing to do: take it all apart. Now, there are times in my life where I do things that I think, "Only a single girl gets this opportunity." And it's true, but, really, I do like the challenge. So after a few fruitless attempts at trying to figure out how to take the disposal apart, I went to this e-how video , which is awesome (but doesn't work in Safari if you're trying....).
Anyways, employing the use of a fishbowl, a step stool, 5 washcloths, a bucket, and my beloved pink tool set, I fixed the garbage disposal. And it still took two screwdrivers and a pair of pliers to wrestle that frosting tip out of the blades.
Oh, and here's a picture of the cake I made the day before for my co-worker that is to blame for the whole mess. (It was supposed to look a little like a wedding cake because she's a little pissed her brother chose to get married the week of her birthday. This is the same day I tried on wedding dresses. There was a lot of wedding stuff that day.) The thing about my homemade stuff is that it looks very professional in my head and "charmingly homemade" in the execution. Oh well!!

3 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

The cake looks awesome. You did a great job.

I would be to afraid of the nasty stuff I might find in the garbage disposal to do that.

RC said...

Pink tools or not, I was quite impressed that you did this. Not sure why your brother wasn't there to do it but.....

Bonnie said...

And WHY would she NEED Brad to do it? Doesn't that take away the whole satisfaction of being an AWESOME WOMAN!!!!!!!!