Sunday, June 08, 2008

Flash of Brilliance




So this morning I was lying in bed contemplating the outfit of the day. This is always most exciting on Sundays because I know it will involve a skirt. I knew today it would involve my vintage 50's skirt, but the shirt...what shirt would go best. And, then, I had a flash of brilliance. You all know this moment. It's when you realize that the one crazy shirt you've had for years will actually go with that new jacket and you didn't even realize those shoes were so perfect...and Look! The necklace even matches.
This outfit was a one-sleeved shirt I hadn't worn in 4 years matched with a new white layering shirt and a sweet newer necklace (I wear necklaces about once every 5 years) with some little purple plastic gems and a little purple eyeshadow. And some shoes Candice gave me years ago looked just fine with it.
I felt so so fashionable today.
(And thanks to Ariana who indulged my silliness and came over after church specifically to take this picture.)
p.s. When was the last time you had grape juice? I had it this morning and I'm sure it's been years and it tasted so delicious!

7 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Oh - I know exactly what you are talking about. But my flashes of fashion brilliance are few and far between. I actually end up thinking "I guess I won't go to church today" after trying on 7 outfits that won't work...but I do go to church, and no one has ostracized me yet.

You look hot, and like Mindy have a very nice silhouette.

Katie said...

You so look cute!! you need to be my stylist... I have no fashion sense! ;)

ashley said...

i know the moment you are talking about! i love when that lightbulb goes on. haha....the outfit is super cute by the way!

Jessica McIntyre said...

I have fallen in love with Cran-Grape Juice recently. Yummy

Cute outfit :-)

Camille Elise said...

Yep! The outfit was definitely sweet! :) Good job!

bradleyjohn said...

So . . . I'm not that impressed. Can't really say that I like it. Sorry :(

Anonymous said...

Brad, you aren't that impressed? Well, you also don't like empire waists and bandeau tops, which is still beyond me. The outfit was terrific in my opinion and I think Christin, that you looked marvelous. :]