Saturday, June 21, 2008

Leeches and Bullets

So mostly this week I've just worked...nothing too exciting. Except that work was a little exciting. So you know on the Discovery Channel when they use leeches to help reattach people's fingers to improve blood flow? Yep, I did that. This lady had lost some circulation due to small blood clots and we attached leeches (from the pharmacy!) to help fix her up. It seems to be working...
Also, even though gunshot wounds are pretty common in Phoenix (unfortunately), I don't see too many, and I got to change the dressing on one and examine it this week. Super sweet. (It was kind of a high profile thing, too, so even cooler.)
Later!

4 comments:

breymom said...

Blogger breymom said...

Christin, who'd have guessed you'd be playing with leeches and seeing gunshot wounds wooh hoo! Remarkable experience your getting there. Can't say as I'm envious though:)NO, no, I thought I was gross tying to give birth to a baby and a seed wart on the bottom of my big toe all in the same week. (NO, neither the baby or wart are out yet)Keep ya posted !

Sweet Em said...

Sounds like the wild west over there!

Katie said...

umm, can't say that i would want to go to the hospital and have them prescribe leaches to help me get better...crazy stuff! but hey, if it works...

ashley said...

umm can i just say gross? haha...i don't stomach these kinds of things too well...but its a good thing that there are people like you out there who can...otherwise we would all have blood clots and/or gunshots bleeding out everywhere. have a good day!