Monday, June 02, 2008

Unexpected Lunch Date/ 1 year anniversary

So one year ago today, I got in a Penske and moved from Boise to Arizona, trusting in the Lord to guide my path in this land I knew nothing about. Since then, a lot has happened. I've finally learned my nautical directions. (I actually know what the Northwest corner of the street is!), I became a nurse, I had dinner parties, I survived a summer living on my own, and learned to appreciate the company of my brother again after 9 years. And a bunch of other stuff. I can say it has been a great year, and I really feel like I'm growing here. And the stories continue...
Today I had the day off, and I went to get Brad's car looked at so we can sell it. The guys had been good to me at a certain auto place before, so I went back. Straight up, the owner creeps me out quite a bit. I don't think he's a bad guy; I do think he needs therapy and thinks I need to validate him. Overall, just uncomfortable. So we talk for an hour, and then his friend shows up and is funny but kinda crude, but overall pretty entertaining. Well, the part I needed wasn't in stock, so the guys were going to head to lunch and invited me along. I declined, asking if they could just drop me off at home (about a mile away). They agreed, but when we arrived I realized my house key was attached to the car key in the Caddy. So... what do you do? You freakin' go to lunch. So me and two eccentric 50 year old auto mechanics had lunch at Arribas in Chandler today. Well, my Rio Grande Enchilada was fantastic. And how many girls get free lunch along with their car repair? Ahh, I love this crazy life. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much... That is a crack up!

Maria said...

Sooo...these two strange men know exactly where you two live now...hmmmm...not loving that picture...

indeazgirl said...

They didn't watch me walk inside; they just know the complex. I don't think they'll hunt me down; especially since the most scary one is getting married next month.

Sweet Em said...

I love your crazy life too...so many great stories.

Mmmmmm Enchiladas

RC said...

Your father doesn't like the idea of men my age knowing where you live and especially because they could be axe murderers. The potential is there no matter what they do to your car or buy your lunch. I pray daily for your safety and protection. The Lord does work wonders but like in all things we need to do OUR PART!!!! Would you PLEASE be a little more careful so your dear ol' dad can rest a little easier!!!! My heart isn't geared up for all your "adventures". Dad

Jessica McIntyre said...

Listen to your father CC since you don't have me around anymore to tell you for example what a bad idea it is to drive to a barn in Kuna in the middle of the night. You know how the rest of that story goes.