Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Why I Love It

Today I went to the temple to do baptisms and was reminded of why I love being Mormon. First of all, it was a gorgeous, gorgeous day. The lawn was prefectly mowed, and the gardeners in big hats were watering all the flowers. All the workers were so cute, and all said, "Sister Carbiener, thank you so much for coming today."
But the icing on the cake came as I left the temple when a family stopped me to tell me that the gardener had just finished telling them that we are encouraged to "pick the ripe strawberries." It just seemed fitting that here was the place where strawberry plants are grown for the sole purpose of random people enjoying a ripe strawberry on a hot summer day. :o)
p.s. So I added a things I love about being mormon list to my 101 things list. It's at www.littlehappymakers.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the grounds of the temple are probably one of my favorite places to be because of the wonders the gardeners work.

RC said...

They sound more like farmers to me. I have never seen strawberries being grown on Temple Grounds. That seems a bit strange to me but then we are a "peculiar people" aren't we. Glad you can find that much pleasure in things such as these. The temple is such a peaceful place it is one of my favorites too. I especially love the celestial room in the Vegas Temple. I have never seen such a beautiful place in all my life. Can't wait for you to see it. Dad