Sunday, October 14, 2007

Brad turned 23 on Wednesday.






He had an awesome birthday. Because he spent it with me. And it was fun.
So...first he opened his presents. Which was a penguin of death birthday card, an avocado bath bomb, some shave gel, and a gift card to the buckle.
Then...we went on a field trip adventure. You see, when Brad lived in New Jersey there were these places called Rita's Italian Ice which he absolutely loved. Well, about a month ago I was reading "Phoenix Woman" magazine and they had an article about a lady named Teri who had moved here from Jersey and opened and Italian Ice place. So I surprised him and we had delicious Italian Ice on the patio.
Then...we went boating. Rafting, I guess some would call it. But not the people at Tempe Town Lake. Many of you do not know that a few years ago now I bought a big (medium, 4 person) inflatable raft to raft on at the little lake by our apartment complex in Boise with my roommates. This led to many wonderful memories, although we never really used it nearly as much as we should have.
Anyways, about 6 years ago, the city of Tempe created a Lake. It is obviously their pride and joy. So much so that we had to get a boat permit for my raft. A BOAT PERMIT. For a $60 raft. :o) The permit is only $5 for the whole year, and, actually, we were laughing so much about getting it that it didn't really matter at all. They also gave us the boating rules and about 5 brochures on activities to do in and around the lake. One of the pictures is me happily reading a brochure. I think next time we might actually back my Altima down the boat ramp and slide the raft off the top just for the fun of it. :o)
We also went out to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. I don't love this place, but Brad really does. And he LOVES their bananas foster. Unfortunately, they had just run out of bananas. So we waited for them to go to the grocery store and get some. And it was worth it. Good good times.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so glad that I know you...this blog is going to be the start of so many conversations for me. "I have a friend who once, when she went out to eat, wanted bananas foster...but they didn't have any bananas..." haha You rock. Well done on the boating trip as well! Wish I could have seen you out there paddling around!
Smiles!

Jessica McIntyre said...

That is so funny about the boat permit. You should defiantly do the whole boat loading doc scenario. I do still feel our rafting to Montego Bay experience is pretty good.