Thursday, August 16, 2007

Macs are compatible/Can I put you on hold for a minute?

Jessica can jump in here whenever she wants to, but this message is for my dad. Macs don't crash, they don't have viruses, they look sweet, I can do cool things with pictures, they have built in cameras, and due to the fact that they spent probably millions on advertising and putting them on every single show and movie over the last 5 years, they are now pretty much compatible with anything. Including Microsoft Office. This was a good decision. I promise.
And my semi-horrible day yesterday...
Yesterday I woke up and called Sprint to try to get out of my early termination fee, in which I did not succeed. I waited 40 minutes to talk to this person and was a little upset. (The good thing is the guy who returned my wireless card at the Sprint store yesterday gave me a $200 credit for a free card, so I shut up about it.)
Next, I called to check on my loan and the guy told me I was declined because I had $10000 in overdue loans and just about freaked me out over my identity theft, until he realized the secretary had paper clipped somebody else's credit report to my loan application and he approved me over the phone because of my (actually) excellent credit.
Then I went to the bank and got pulled over for passing a cop. She gave me a warning but told me I needed to pay more attention while driving. I wanted to tell her I was already stressed out and that's why I wasn't really paying attention, but I didn't. Of course. I don't need any extra tickets.
Then I went to Verizon and got a new wireless card and for some reason my account was wrong and it took 30 minutes to get a new wireless card.
Then I decided all I wanted to do was get my eyebrows waxed and maybe the day wouldn't seem so bad. So I turned into a spa and my battery and brake lights went on. I went inside the spa anyway, but they were all booked for the day, so I called the one car place I know and they said it was probably the alternator but they couldn't look at it until tomorrow.
So I walked outside and started sobbing. I don't know if it was that on top of my computer dying or what, but it was the final straw. So I sobbed and sobbed. And said a little prayer and turned left into this hard-to-see auto place of super nice guys who replaced my alternator in an hour and a half.
And then I went to a church activity called "Cookies and Conversation" where we all just sit around and talk at someone's house and it was actually very fun.
So that was my stressful day.
And life is ok now.
And now I have found two good car places. Whoo-hoo!
cc

3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Man - when you have a bad day you really have a bad day!!

Does this mean you are a verizon customer? Are you IN? Cause if so you will be on my list of people to call when I have a 45 minute drive ahead of me!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Ok so i read your dads comment before i read this posting (you totally overwhelmed me with a ton of new postings that i haven't gotten caught up yet). Same goes as what I said before. Macs are wonderful AND they have funny commercials.

indeazgirl said...

i am totally IN! :O) Call me!