Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Rest of Friday: HotDogs, The Subway, and The MET



In "Fools Rush In," Sala Hayek brings Matthew Perry Gray's Papaya Hot Dogs from New York City as a present. So we decided to try to find one. (Actually, I decided, and Brad was cool with whatever..) And the best way to get across town is on the subway. Brad had never been on it, and I was so excited. We actually had a little map now with the subway lines on it, so we got on the 4 train. Actually, we got on the 7 shuttle first (same direction, luckily)...I asked the guy next to me where we were, and he was like, "Grand Central Station," and I felt all giddy and excited inside for no particular reason (we didn't go upstairs at Grand Central Station until Monday...that's when I realized why I was excited). Anyways, so we continued on to the SoHo district, which I hear is great shopping, but we had hot dogs to find. I love "The Lower East Side." Walking through Greenwich (gren-itch, thank you Bekah) was one of my favorite parts of the trip. The street we were on (12th?) was so straight out of a movie. The thing abut NYC is that you are in a big huge city, but that's not necessarily the coolest part. The coolest part is that you feel like you are living history. I mean, these buildings are like 100 years old, and there are all these groups of people and the city just has so much character. I adored it. Absolutely adored it. So we found some cute places and finally found Gray's Papaya. And the hot dogs are just a buck each and are soo soo good. We also passed a bakery with fresh cookies and a line of people wrapped all the way around the corner. I took a picture, but we didn't wait.
Afterwards, we took the subway again to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We only spent an hour there because, well, they close at 9 and we got there at 8, so we only saw the Egyptian exhibit, but it was amazing and fun. Super cool building.
We rode the bus home. Just to say we did. Those pictures are cute. It was a very crowded bus, but the bus station was fun. Brad talked to a woman from Syracuse, and I talked to a guy from Oklahoma.

No comments: