Friday, August 03, 2007

Half Empty, Half Full

Wednesday could be looked at in a lot of different ways. It was my day off, and my big day to run errands before I go to New York on Friday :o)I need to get used to the fact that errands take a lot longer here and to just go with the flow. I really think it's easier, though, to go with the flow when you have someone around to deal with the crazy flow. But it helps to share. So this is my glass half-empty, glass half-full day.

Empty: My Service Engine Light was on and I had to go get it looked at before I could go do anything.

Full: The people were really nice, the cute guy there gave me a screwdriver and showed me where my distributor cap was, and it didn't cost a thing. (The monsoon puddle set it off.) And I had a killer breakfast burrito at Whataburger.

Empty: I had to go to the DMV 3 f-in' times before I finally got my car registered and my drivers' license. I had to drive like 7 miles away the 2nd time to go get my car emissions tested before they would register it. And I had to stop by my house because they only take cash or check.

Full: It's done. The girl who worked at the emissions place was from Salmon, ID, and was nice. It took me all the way back over to where I had been this morning (near Whataburger), but it was near another errand that my parents wanted me to do, so that got done, too.

Empty: I plan to make a tile mosaic under my washer and dryer because our lineoleum is horrible. So I called a tile store a week or so ago that said they had mismatched tile 20 for $1. Perfect. Today I drove like 15 miles to that tile store where a guy with a middle eastern accent looked at me like I was crazy and said they only stocked one pattern of tile in at all and he had no mismatched tile at all. He said there were no other tile stores in the area. I am still completely confused by this.

Full: Ok, really that's just an empty part of the day

Empty: I headed to the Chandler mall from the tile store. Turns out Chandler, AZ is Southwest of me, not Southeast. Just about a 30 minute detour.

Full: I stopped by a tanning salon to get directions to the mall. This, if you are wondering, is an excellent idea. The girl was not exactly a genius, but she gave me killer directions to the mall.

Full: The boxes above are from the Disovery Channel store, which is going out of business. Their fixtures were 50% off, and I bought both of these for $15. Brad has no bookshelves or endstands so we are going to refinish them for him. I was excited.

Full: MAC make-up lets you get a free lipstick if you recycle 6 empty containers. Unfortunately, their lipsticks look terrible on me. BUT! The nice girl at the mall told me that now the free-standing MAC stores (in Scottsdale, for example) will let you get either a lipstick, a lip gloss, OR an eyeshadow. This is fabulously exciting.

Full: I got a cute little white shirt from a store called A'GACI.

Empty: I spilled bright purple Acai juice on it when I put the bottle (empty, I thought, and closed) in the same bag with it.

Full: It came out

Full: I got all my grocery shopping done.

Empty: The people at Fry's are more than a little anal about getting out on time. When I said "hi" to the greeter, he said, "You have a half hour." THANKS. And then every FIVE minutes for a half an hour they announced that you should come to the front with your things because they were closing. And then I knocked over a display of froggie hair ties.

Full: I also got a water cooler for $90. I actually am just hoping this turns out to be a good idea.

Full: I went to the Post Office, sent Jess her CD's back, and Bekah had a job interview that went really well.

If it seems like this was the longest day ever, it was. I was gone for 13 hours.

And I'm going to New York tomorrow! Plenty of pictures when I get back.

Love y'all!

cc

No comments: