Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dinner Party #2, Mandy, Randy, Christin, Tristan, Brad, and Julie



Making salmon for 6 people is absolutely terrifying. I have made salmon only for myself and it has about a 50% chance of turning out bad. Truthfully, maybe sometimes it's been in the freezer too long. And sometimes I think Albertson's salmon just isn't that great, but I was so nervous. I bought some beautiful salmon form Fry's, though, on a good sale (thank heavens!! I think I bought a whole fish!) and marinated it with ginger miso on Saturday night. We also made stuffed mushrooms that were fantastic and had little cheesecakes for dessert. It went so good. The girls loved the salmon- one said it was the best she'd ever had, and one had never had it before and liked it! We also had orange cauliflower, which Brad hated, but it didn't taste any different to me, and it sure looked cool.
The conversation went good again, and we even flirted a bit and talked about kissing and all that fun stuff!
Fun fun fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't even like salmon and the plate looked good. I hope these folks all appreciate the effort you and Brad-o are putting into this. I have been on this diet so long even the salmon looked delicious. Even if it did come from Fry's.....

Jessica McIntyre said...

The salmon sounds wonderful. I think if this whole nurse thing doesn't work out, you should become a chef.