Monday, October 29, 2007

Shrimp Risotto




Sometimes when I make the meals for these parties, I think, "How does anybody afford to have 6 kids?" And then I remind myself that rarely do people have 6 teenagers at the same time. The shrimp risotto took 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp and used almost 2 bags of rice, and I think we all could have used a couple more bites!! It just amazes me sometimes.
Our appetizer this time was kiwi, grape, and apple fruit salad with rosemary syrup. I used fresh rosemary this time, which I usually don't do, and the syrup turned bright green, which was kind of fun.
Brad was in charge of the peaches, and they were good. A couple things to remember for next year:
Kiwis are totally in season this time of year. In fact, all those green fruits were on great sale.
Peaches are totally NOT in season this time of year. In fact, most stores didn't have them anywhere. No more peaches in late October on this menu!!
I think everyone had a good time. The girls especially were so cute and talkative this time. One is getting baptized next week, and is so very cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't necessarily have to have six teenage children of your own. You can just be the father of a teenaged son on the football team and EASILY have six to eight teens desend on your refrigerator, oven, freezer and anything else that may contain something edible and loose is all in a matter of seconds. You haven't been away from home that long have you??? We went through this for about five years so you can see why it was necessary for you to take student loans instead of us paying for your schooling......

Anonymous said...

forgive my spelling. I forgot proof read before posting. dad

Jessica McIntyre said...

I feel bad for the guy you are totally trying to block out of the group picture. Poor Guy :-(