Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How Christin got Her Groove Back

On Saturday night, there was a luau and I didn't go. This was a very cool girl-ask-guy church thing that they spend boo-koo bucks on and like 800 people came. Brad went. I asked a guy named Mark that I met a few months ago working at the church cannery who is not in our ward. He had already been asked.
The point being, though, Brad was listening to my phone call and was like, "Christin. You sounded like a dork. You did not sound like the confident sister you usually are." (Mark still asked if he could program me in his phone, though...:o) ) Later, I realized there were some truly decent guys in my ward who did not go, so I felt kind of bad, but I was not about to ask someone I didn't really want to go with just to go. I AM almost 28 so I figure I don't have to go if I don't want to.
But I think I had lost a little of my mojo.
I hadn't even painted my toenails in 3 weeks!!! That is so not me!!
So I went grocery shopping for the dinner party. And then I got my groove back.
I painted my toenails hot pink. Then at 4am I picked out my outfit for church, which was a khaki skirt and a Kenneth Cole shirt I almost never wear that looked great with that skirt. And my big hoop earrings. Brad said I looked cute. And two girls stopped me in our ward to say I looked absolutely beautiful that day. And I introduced myself to 4 guys. I felt so much better.

1 comment:

Jessica McIntyre said...

I am so glad you got your groove back. I can't imagin you being grooveless!!!