Monday, October 08, 2007

Crazy Day

How lucky we are to have friends! Not traveling to Utah very much, I sometimes forget I actually have friends who live there. (especially if I don't check my blog for a day or two). Hold up...I should probably talk about conference a bit...
So Brad and I oringinally had tickets to different sessions. So he posted on craigslist that we would switch with someone and it worked out great. So we did a little manuvering once we got inside and got to sit together. We went to the Saturday afternoon session, and it was really good. Besides the fact that it's just an amazing sight, my favorite part was standing and singing with 21,000 people. Besides knowing a bunch of people in other countries are doing the same thing.
Afterwards, Brad and I drove to Layton and ate at Olive Garden. It was really crowded, but surprisingly, the bar was almost empty. So we sat and ate dinner there, which was actually very good.
I had called Maria- my friend from high school that I haven't seen in at least 2 years-- to see where exactly she lived. Which was in Layton! So I dropped Brad-o off at the guys' session of conference at a church near Maria's house and just went over and chilled. It was so fun to talk and catch up on things.
At 8, I left to go pick up Brad. We had plans to go to a comedy improv at the Off Broadway Theatre. I had a blind date that someone from work down in AZ had set me up on. And two of Brad's friends were supposed to meet us there.
So we set off looking for a hotel where we could stay, but they were all booked. So...
I called Maria and asked if she really wouldn't mind if we stayed in here basement and she was like "totally!!!" So almost all of my stress went away.
BUT I Still looked like a mess because I was wearing my church clothes and my makeup had all worn off AND it had rained like crazy and my hair was plastered to my head. So...sneaky sneaky...we drove back to the Peery hotel. And I got my clothes and toothbrush out of the trunk, and walked through the lobby to the bathrooms in the hallway. And changed. And brushed my teeth. And then walked straight out. Scandalous!
I did my hair and makeup in the car and then we drove to Temple Square and met Chip in front of the assembly hall. (Nice guy, not really attracted to him). Brad's friends had bailed on us so it was just us 3, which actually was ok.
The theater was hilarious. The show is called Laughing Stock and it's right off Main and 300 South and is totally worth going to whenever you have a chance.
So we dropped off Chip, and drove back to Maria's. She had left the door unlocked so we sneaked right in and downstairs with our Wendy's. :o) She had left us cute little notes all over about where stuff was and was so cute.
And I think I caught up on 4 nights of sleep while I was there 'cause I felt better than I had in a long time.
Thank you, Mer!!

1 comment:

Sweet Em said...

I love the same thing about conference - the singing with everyone all over the world!

I think its awesome and hilarious that you could switch tickets on Craigslist...he he!