Sunday, October 28, 2007

How To Make a Boyfriend

Last night while grocery shopping I met an Asian lady who asked me how to say sprouts in English. So I told her. Then I asked her a little bit about where she's from and how long she's been here. Turns out she's from Korea and has been here for 11 years. This is how the rest of the conversation went:
"You married" (her)
"Nope."
"Why not?"
"'Cause I have dated some great guys but no one I want to be with forever and ever."
"Oh, you know the Walgreens across the street."
"Oh, uh-huh."
"Next door. Is coffee shop. People go there. Drink coffee. Meet people. Maybe you make a boyfriend."

I laughed. Because what else do you do.

At least I know how to make a boyfriend. :o)

2 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Well that sounds easy enough. Do you think it works the same if you are drinking hot cocoa?

Jessica McIntyre said...

Maybe this is a very wise wise women and she knows what she is talking about. It would be a totally fun storey if you really did meet someone there.