Sunday, March 02, 2008

Big Fish


This was another dinner party that went wonderfully. The fish was from Whole Foods, and was beautiful. 5lbs. of beautiful fish head. Ariana and I went to get it last night. I called because I needed about a 6lb. salmon. They only had a 12lb salmon. Unfortunately, 1- I am not rolling in that kind of money. 2- We only had 6 people coming over for dinner, and I didn't think everybody needed 2 pounds of fish. Brad was the least excited about this meal of all. He was like, "I cannot believe you are going to cook a whole fish. I do not want a whole fish. That's terrible." And it was wonderful. So so good. K-so this is how the meal went. 
Appetizer: Blueberry Salad on Butter Lettuce with toasted almonds & feta.
Dinner: Lemon & Asparagus Risotto with Salmon stuffed with fennel, tomatoes, parsley, and thinly sliced lemons. One of the guys said it was the best salmon he had ever had in his life. Cooked so perfectly. :o) (I love this Naked Chef cookbook so far.)
Dessert: Totally cheated and made Lemon Bars out of a box. The Krusteaz kind. And they were great. I had two, but I should have just had one 'cause that gave me a little tummy ache. Oh well. 
So...about company...The girl with red hair is Taunalee. She's 28, too, and was so fun to talk to a little bit. I really didn't know her very well before this party, even though we are in the RS presidency together, so that was fun. Also, we all got to talking about the Bel Air and everyone wanted to ride in it. So we went on a few mile ride and it was a blast. 
Such a fun party. :o)


4 comments:

Camille Elise said...

WOAH! That's definitely a fish! I'm sorry that I don't like fish or else i would say it looks delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

I like fish and it did not look good to me. I prefer good old fried fish that is fully cooked, thankyou very much. Fish with heads on and sushi stuff is more fish bait from my viewpoint. Glad you and your friends liked it though. Glad you also figured out you didn't have enough money for the larger one. Maybe you are learning to curb that spending habit??????? Dad

Katie said...

what a fish head! sounds like an amazing meal!

whitney said...

I'm so jealous, that meal looks amazing and soooo much fun to cook! Mostly I'm jealous that you have real grocery stores to shop at, unlike us here in Idaho! I have a recipe blog in addition to my regular blog for people to share recipes. If you give me your email I'll send you an invite (it's private). I would love it if you and Brad posted some of your yummy recipes. I love that you guys are like me and try new foods. It was great to hear from you on our blog, I hope life is going great! (by the way, my email is whitneylnh@gmail.com)