Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why I am not a cosmetologist


My mom and my sister are both cosmetologists. There are so many reasons why I am not. 
For example,
  • My mom for many years has told me when I need a perm, haircut, or highlights. I am generally not aware of this information.
  • In February of 2007, I flat-ironed my hair for the first time ever. It was the first day I had worn my hair straight since 1994. 
  • I get bored sitting through my own perms twice a year. I could never inflict this torture on others. (Poking them with needles, however, is another story.)
  • It terrifies me. That whole chopping away with no pattern thing. I would be horribly, terribly, awful at it. And that is the truth.
  • And today, I curled my hair with rollers. I told Candice my plan, and she said, "That sounds like a mess." I thought it sounded fun. It turned out more like a mess. Kind of cute for about an hour. Not so much like the magazines all say "large, velcro rollers" should make your hair look. Oh well. At least I'm branching out!


4 comments:

Camille Elise said...

hahahahahha!!!! You are so awesome Christin!!! I'm way serious about it too! i am no cosmo girl either. all my friends can attest to it!

Katie said...

too funny, i love the hair in rollers look! i'm with you on the hair thing...i thought it looked easy enough to cut bob's hair, boy was i wrong! needless to say, i have only attempted once.

Sweet Em said...

Hum - I am equally surprised that the result of the curlers in your hair didn't look different. Its not bad, just not what I would have expected...hum, perhaps a metaphor for life?

Suzette Selden said...

I like the look! YOu are too cute. Hope you get to feeling better.